Icons of Norway - the unique medieval Stave Churches
Visiting the only preserved wooden stave churches from the Middle Ages
This private fully escorted and guided tour allows you to discover part of Norwegain heritage recognised by UNESCO as of global significance - namely the preserved wooden Stave Churches which demonstrate how the early Vikings mastered the technique of combining art with wood carving which led ultimately to the buidling of over 700 of these magnificent churches of which around 30 remain today.
Often located amidst stunning nature and surroundings the Tour takes you to discover and visit some 20 or so of them so you can experience these wonderful buildings whilst enjoying and delighting in magical scenery from mountains to fjords and including visits to Bergen,Oslo and Lillehammer.
FULL ITINERARY AND PROGRAMME GIVEN UPON ENQUIRY
Norway is the only country in Europe with preserved wooden stave churches intact.The Tour starts upon arrival at Gardermoen(Oslo)Airport and returns you there for departure.
- 14 nights accommodation in double or twin en-suite rooms
- Half Board (Dinner Bed & Breakfast) at hotels
- Tour Packs giving detailed background information about locations, venues and the churches
- visits to over 20 stave churches from the largest to the smallest
- an excursion cruise on the magnificent Geiranger Fjord
- visits to museums in Oslo
- time in Bergen;Oslo and Lillehammer
- flexibility to stay at venues for as long or short a time en route
- all ferry,parking and road tolls
The only extras are:
- additional meals /snacks en route
- any room service items at hotels
- a supplement for Single Room accommodation
- a supplement for groups of 5 or more persons
- any other sundries
The Tour can be amend for shorter periods visiting fewer churches nd the programme tailored to specific client requesats
Discount available for Groups and Early Bookers